ESSCA’S MISSION STATEMENT
ESSCA equips students and managers for a successful and sustainable career while taking fully into account the human and social dimensions of a globalized world.
This is achieved through high level academic and professional management programs, developed by research-active faculty, a strong student mentoring system and respect for the traditional humanist values on which the school was founded.
A Winning Strategy
Each year ESSCA welcomes 3 000 students and trainees in continuing education.
Out of over 5,000 candidates who take the competitive entrance examination for the Master in Management Programme, 650 have been admitted into the 1st year. ESSCA has also recruited 100 French and international students directly into the 1st year of this programme. ESSCA’s alumni quickly join the corporate world—90% of them find their first position in less than three months following their graduation, and 96% of them state that they are pleased with their first job.2 Overview
ESSCA is a well-established Business School: For over 100 years it has consistently kept to the humanistic values that make up its ethical foundations.
It is our aim to develop ESSCA’s excellence further and to foster an atmosphere of support for young people who are about to start their professional lives.
ESSCA has two governing bodies: the Board of Trustees and the International Advisory Board.
Board of Trustees
ESSCA’s Board of Trustees is composed of representatives of the ESSCA association’s founding members: Catholic University of Angers, the Chamber of Commerce and Industry, and the Alumni Network. It meets up to four times a year. It engages with questions of budget, planning and policy, and ensures that the school’s strategy is in line with the needs of the school’s environment and today’s business world.
- Yves GEVIN, CEO Banque Populaire Rives de Paris
- Pr. Dr Dominique VERMERSCH, Rector of the Catholic University of Angers
- Stanislas de GASTINES, EY Associate
- Alain BUAT, CEO GESMAT (GBI)
- Pr. Dr Catherine LEBLANC participates in her capacity as Dean & General Director of the School
International Advisory Board
The International Advisory Board is made up of internationally renowned scholars and senior business leaders.
This consultative body meets once a year to address critical issues in the school’s development strategy.
In order to guarantee coherence and coordination between these two bodies, both are chaired by the chairman of the Board of Trustees.
- Jean-Pierre BILLIARD, CEO Carpenter SA (US/France)
- Patricia CORBETT, CEO the King René castle (France)
- Martin EKVAD, Chairman CPVO (France)
- Mats GUNNARSSON, CEO SCANIA (Sweden/France)
- Dr Susan HART Former-Dean of Strathclyde Business School (U-K) and Associate Director, Quality Services, EFMD
- Nathalie Le MEUR, CEO Nass & Wind (Germany/France)
- Dr Paul MATTHYSSENS, Dean of Antwerp Management School (Belgium)
- Dr Michel PATRY, Dean of HEC Montréal (Quebec)
- Pr. Dr Danica PURG, President of the IEDC-Bled School of Management,(Slovenia), and the President of ‘’CEEMAN”
- Dr. Zita Zoltayné PAPRIKA, Dean for Faculty of Business Administration Corvinius University (Hongary)